(I know this is long, but please read the Notice for some important announcements for this particular potluck. Directions are at the end.)
Last month we had some wonderful brunch food (sorry for the early time). Let's do it again, only at a later time! Please email this event to your friends as I can only email it to my friends on Facebook.
Summer is a time for BBQ. Summer is almost over, so let’s make sure to get one last BBQ in. This month's Seoul Vegan Potluck will be held August 31st at 1:00 PM at Southside Parlor near Noksapyeong Station (line 6). This is a new BBQ restaurant and bar. They have some really creative cocktails and a ladies night every Thursday. They don’t yet have a vegan BBQ option, so let’s have a big showing and show them that there is a market for it.
Obviously, this month's theme is BBQ. Brunswick stew, BBQ beans, coleslaw, potato salad, veggie kabobs, burgers, sausages, macaroni and cheese, or grilled/smoked tofu (we have access to a smoker and grill :) ~ the possibilities are endless! Please bring enough to share!
* Let me know if you plan to use the smoker- it takes a couple of hours, so you will need to arrive early.
* We have access to the grill, but if everyone wants to grill we could be there all day (even though it would be fine by me, the restaurant may not be so pleased). SO, please let me know if you plan to use the grill.
* If someone doesn't want to cook, he/she can bring charcoals for the grill. LET ME KNOW IF YOU PLAN TO DO THIS SO WE DON’T WIND UP WITH A TON OF CHARCOAL.
* Remember if you come at 1:00 you will have a chance to sample all the goodies. Late arrivals may risk missing out on some good eats.
* Try to label your dishes so that we know what we are eating, and who to ask about ingredients/preparation. You can just tape a small paper to the side the dish and your name.
* Please thank Southside Parlor by purchasing a beverage! With drinks like the Barton Springs you will be happy you did – (Barton Springs-gin, elderflower liqueur, fresh muddled cucumber, mint, simple syrup, a dash of orange bitters, and a pinch of gochu). Please do not bring any beverages.
How to get to Southside Parlor:
1. Take a left out of Noksapyeong St. exit 1. Cross the overpass and take a left. Walk straight until you see Thunder Burger. We are in that building on the 4th floor.
2. Walk straight out of Noksapyeong St. exit 2 until you see an underpass. Cross the underpass and take a right. Walk straight until you see Thunder Burger. We are in the same building on the 4th floor.
Look for the Orange Longhorn Flag and SVP posters.
A few websites to motivate you-