Seared Tofu & Brown Rice Tacos
Made By: Adeana Thompson
Original Recipe From:
2 cups cooked brown rice
2 cups no-chicken broth
1 can tomatoes with jalapenos
2 big cans of black beans
1 can corn
1 block tofu (big fresh block – not packaged)
Chili powder mix (see recipe below)
8 small (or 4 large) bell peppers
2 packs small flour tortillas
1. Clean the rice. Add the rice, broth, tomatoes, and approximately 1 tablespoon each of cumin and garlic to the rice cooker.
2. Drain and rinse the beans. Warm them up with the corn and add some cumin, garlic, and lime juice to taste.
3. Slice the bell peppers and sauté them in coconut oil. Add chili powder mix (and salt if desired) to taste.
4. Crumble tofu and coat with the chili powder mix. Pan fry tofu in coconut oil until it is as crispy as you wish.
5. Mix everything together and add any toppings you like.
Chili Powder Mix:
Original Recipe From: http://southernfood.about.com/od/seasoningrecipes/r/bl30420j.htm
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon oregano
2 teaspoons garlic powder
Combine all ingredients; store in an airtight container.